Planning an Office Relocation Move in Toronto
Preparing to relocate your office in Toronto and the GTA requires proper planning and execution. It is highly recommended you seek the assistance of a qualified moving company in Toronto, like us, here at Accurate Movers.
Once you know you intend to move there are several steps you need to incorporate into your moving plan. We are pleased to offer the following tips and suggestions to help ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible, with the least amount of interruptions to your day-to-day operations.
1. Schedule an appointment with a moving coordinator. A moving coordinator is your key to planning a successful move. Your professional coordinator meets with you to discuss your concerns, answer your questions, and helps determine the most appropriate way to relocate your office to its new location.
2. Obtain moving supplies. You can start packing up anything in your office you are not going to need during the moving process. Just remember to label each box with its contents and where you want it unloaded and placed in your new office.
3. Prepare filing cabinets for moving. In some cases, there is no need to remove files and documents from small filing cabinets and they can be moved with their contents still in the drawers. Your moving coordinator can provide more details as to whether cabinets need to be emptied or not.
4. Contact equipment leasing companies. Some leasing companies prefer to move their own equipment to your new office. In addition, your lease agreement may stipulate you must have the leasing company relocate the equipment, otherwise, it can violate the terms and conditions of your lease.
5. Contact utility providers. Unless your utilities are included as part of your office lease at either your current or new location, you need to provide notice to ensure utilities are shut off at the existing location on time and turned on prior to your move in at your new office. Most utilities prefer at least a two to three-week notice.
6. Notify the post office and shipping companies of your new address. You can submit a forwarding order for mail and packages prior to the actual move. Just make sure the start day you select at the new office coincides when you intend to be moved into the new location.
7. Schedule the transfer of phone and internet service. Most telephone and internet providers can accommodate office moves by turning on service at the new location and leaving it active at the old office for a short overlap if needed.
8. Notify your clients and customers of your move. You can send out an email blast and post a message on your website and social medial pages to let them know when you will be moving and changes to your address and phone number.
Lastly, you should attempt to schedule the actual move during the time your office is closed, like on the weekend. For further assistance and tips in planning an office move, or to schedule an appointment with one of our moving coordinators, please feel free to contact Accurate Movers by calling 416-907-8545.